Star Lords is an epic-sized complex and dense 4X strategy game for the PC, set in space where you take the command of one race to join the struggle for supremacy in the galaxy. As the leader of your empire you are to deal with exploring the stars, colonizing new worlds, manage your empire and conquer whoever dares to oppose.
The game is scheduled to release Q4 2012 and is being developed by Neogen2 Creations.
- 8 major races each with their own ship designs, technologies, unique traits and unique abilities, meaning playing with each race is a different challenge and offers new ways to approach the game.
- Big, living universe: In addition to the major powers, independent races and pirate clans also claim the galaxy as their residence; their existence can be an annoyance, or a blessing if you can take advantage of them.
- Deep economical and political layer: War isn’t the only way to weaken your rivals. Diplomacy, inteligence and trade can be one of many powerful tools that, if used properly, can be very effective as well.
- Tactical Turn based combat
- Generals: These unique and powerful units evolve as they battle and if used well can be the difference between defeat and victory.
- Randomly generated universe, tech tree and units: You will never play the same game twice.
- Empire shattering: Unrest might lead rebels to start a civil war which in turn might lead to the creation of a new, independent empire that might grow to rival your own.
- Plotting: Secretly finance a war against your rivals in order to weaken them or prepare a surprise joint war along with your allies in a bid to destroy that frighteningly fast growing empire. Beware of spies and whistleblowers though; your plot might be uncovered before you put it in action and the consequences can be dire.
- Domestic Policies: Rule your empire as you wish. Turning it into a dystopia, a utopia or something in between, it’s up to you.
- Human-like AI that doesn’t cheat and plays by the same rules as human players, while presenting a constant challenge.
- Modding Support.
- Lan, hot seat and Online multiplayer with matchmaking.
- Completely DRM-free